Are you travelling Australia? If you want to participate in the Australia Backpackers Guide project and share your experiences and what you’ve learned on your travels, get in touch! We are always looking for new contributors.
Intern with us
Australia Backpackers Guide is currently looking for an intern to work with us for 4-6 months.
What we’re looking for
- Someone with a strong interest in digital and passion for travel
- Some experience with WordPress
- Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign and/or video editing is desirable
- You are independent, versatile, curious, and proactive with great attention to detail
- Qualified in Communications, Journalism or Digital Marketing or Business School graduate
- Level of study: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Good level of English (not essential)
- Driver’s license
The role will involve:
- Community development and editorial management of our social media
- Web content management: writing and editing articles, coming up with new ideas for article topics, optimising content
- Creating visual content (web banners, social media visuals, etc.)
- Search engine optimisation
- Site analytics
- Operational support for the development of websites
- Active participation in our growth and development: contributing to strategy for new projects
Become a reporter
Do you like the concept of the Backpackers Guide – “a guide written by travellers, for travellers”? Would you also like to help future travellers by sharing your own tips via our guide?
You are welcome to get in touch with us if you’re interested in writing articles for our website, whether you’re looking for regular or casual work. The only conditions we have are that you have something to say, and can provide images to go with your article. As for the topics you’ll write about, you’re free to pitch ideas to us or we can also guide you.
To give you an idea of previous articles written by backpackers, visit our blog.
Share your photos and videos
If you want to show off your talents as a photographer or videographer, don’t hesitate to get in touch and we will share your work on our website, and/or our Facebook and Instagram pages.
Benefits of being part of the team
- Boost your profile with visibility across multiple platforms
- Participate in a community project
- Benefit from various perks during your stay in Australia: advice, assistance, accommodation, deals on tours and excursions
- Highlight your experience in Australia
- Depending on your level of participation, financial compensation will be offered
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following information if possible:
- Arrival date
- Approximate duration of your stay
- Your mode of travel
- Are you traveling alone / with friends / as a couple?
- Special skills?
- What are you hoping for from this collaboration?
- Do you have your own blog?