Hiring a campervan in New Zealand is without a doubt the best way to discover this magnificent country!! It allows you to save money on accommodation and offers you great freedom when it comes to seeing the lesser known areas of the islands. But hiring a campervan in New Zealand isn’t always that easy, especially when it comes to choosing what kind of model you want, what company is the best and what kind of insurance you’re going to take.
Compare motorhome & campervan prices
One of the best ways to compare campervans in New Zealand is for sure Motorhome Republic. It allows you to see the different prices, the different vehicles, and make a reservation online (without additional costs). And when the companies have special offers or sales, you will also find it on the site.
Motorhome & campervan companies
High-range/mid-range hiring: Apollo, Kea, Maui, Britz, Wendekreisen, Alpha
Hiring on a budget: Wicked Campers, Spaceships, Mighty, Jucy, Lucky Rentals, Hippie Camper
Types of vehicles
Low top: Classic van for two adults – the most common choice
High top: Van with elevated roof for 1 to 5 people. Inside you will find a kitchen and the possibility to stand up in the vehicle.
Caravan: Fully equipped vehicle with a shower and bathrooms. Fits 2 to 6 people. Most comfortable solution.
– Bunks (double beds, single beds or children beds)
– Equipped kitchen (includes microwave, fridge, stove, utensils)
– Living room corner with a small table and small benches to sit on
– Shower cabin with toilets
– Place to store luggage
Not always included:
– DVD player
– Bed sheets
– Camping tables and chairs
Low top – 1-2 people
– A double bed in the back of the car (often convertible into a bench with a small table)
– A small kitchen with a gas heater, a cooler (sometimes electrical fridge) and utensils
High top – 1-5 people
– 1 double bed + 1 single bed or two double beds
– Benches and table
– Small kitchen with all necessary equipment (microwave, stove, fridge, utensils)