Home Discover Australia Victoria Get your RSA Certificate in Victoria

Get your RSA Certificate in Victoria

Get your RSA Certificate in Victoria

If you want to work in hospitality and any venues where alcohol is sold, you will need to obtain your RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol). This certificate is mandatory in Victoria. Working in a bar is a great way to finance your Backpacker journey or the perfect . In this article, we will introduce everything you need to know about the RSA in Victoria.

What is an RSA certificate in Australia?

The RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) is a certificate showing that you know the regulations concerning alcohol consumption in Australia. It is mandatory if you want to work in hospitality.

You have the option to get your RSA certification through either online courses or traditional classroom instruction. With this credential, you will be able to work in any establishment where alcoholic beverages are served or sold, including restaurants, bars, pubs, hotels, and bottle shops.

Throughout your RSA training, you will be educated on the responsible service of alcohol. This includes the ability to recognize intoxicated customers and underage patrons, as well as fostering an understanding of the prevention of drink driving. The course will also acquaint you with the regulations governing alcohol and its consumption in Australia. You will learn to measure standard drink quantities and legally serve alcohol. It is worth noting that most beverages in Australia adhere to a standardized drink measurement system, which provides information about the beverage’s alcohol content.

RSA Victoria

How much is the RSA Certificate in Victoria?

Rates vary between $60 and $170 depending on the package chosen.

Get your certificate in class

We recommend completing your RSA with RSA Melbourne. They are fully accredited to deliver the RSA Course. The course cost $50 and includes your VCGLR Certificate. You can choose to book a virtual class via Zoom or attend a face-to-face training. Book your RSA Class easily using the below link, just click on the link and choose a date:  

Get your certificate online

It is now possible to take your RSA Victoria training online. If you want to do an online training, we recommend completing the course with EOT. EOT, fully accredited (RTO 40592) offers online training for the state of Victoria at $35 (instead of $80 thanks to our partnership). You can start your training by clicking on the following link:

Can the Victorian RSA Certificate be done Online?

Since the Covid 19 pandemic, the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation has authorised some companies to provide online training for RSA Victoria.

Please note that if you find a job, you can start working behind the bar but you need to complete your RSA certificate within 30 days after starting your new job.

How is my Victorian RSA Certificate delivered ?

You will be required to create a USI number (Unique Student Identifier) for the completion of the course. It is free and easy. You can create this number even if you are on a Working Holiday visa. To get your USI, simply visit the official website.

If you are completing your training in a classroom, you will receive your certificate after you completed the training at the end of the day.
If you choose to do it online, you will receive 2 Certificates, Nationally Accredited Statement of Attainment and Official VIC RSA Certificate.

Refresher RSA in Victoria

The Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) refresher is a mandatory refresher training for those who have already obtained their RSA in Australia. The RSA refresher training is designed to ensure that those working in the field continue to understand the risks associated with alcohol consumption and serve alcohol responsibly.

In Victoria, RSA refresher training must be taken every three years. This means that if you obtained your RSA more than three years ago, you will need to complete RSA refresher training to remain compliant with Victorian legislation.

RSA refresher training can be taken online or in person, depending on your preference. RSA refresher training covers the same topics as the initial RSA training, but is designed to focus on the latest practices and regulations in the sale of alcohol.

Get your RSA in other states

New South Wales
Other states
 Online training Online training Online training
Instead of $190Instead of $80Instead of $49
 Classroom in Sydney Classroom in Melbourne
With promo code: ABGENNSW

Why to get your RSA and is it worth it?

Getting the RSA is important for several reasons. Firstly, it ensures that workers in the alcohol industry understand the health and safety risks associated with alcohol consumption. This will ensure that they are better prepared to prevent unsafe behaviour and protect the safety of customers.

In addition, getting your RSA is a legal requirement to work in the alcohol industry in Australia. Establishments that sell alcohol are required to ensure that all employees have completed government-approved RSA training. If you want to work in hospitality, you will need to get your RSA in order to be hired.

Finally, getting your RSA can also improve your job prospects and employability. Employers generally prefer to take on people who already have their RSA, as this allows them to be immediately operational and meet legal requirements.

In addition, you should be aware that the costs of RSA training can be deducted on your tax return at the end of the financial year. In this way, you will be able to enter the training costs as work-related expenses and thus deduct them from your taxes.

Related Content:

4.9/5 - (20 votes)
Australia Backpackers Guide
The ultimate guide to work and travel around Australia with a Working Holiday Visa! Get all the tips and advice from other backpackers. The first travel guide written by Backpackers for Backpackers in Australia!!!