When travelling around the world, you need to be sure that you are protected from all the things that might go wrong along the road. There are many travel insurance companies available on the market, and it could be difficult to pick the right one, the one that will cover your needs. World Nomads is one of the favourite travel insurance for travellers around the world. They offer a good cover for you and your belongings when travelling in more than 150 countries. World Nomads has been designed by travellers to cover everything you need during your trip. Here are all the details you need to know about World Nomads before subscribing.
World Nomads: Introduction
World Nomads has been founded by Simon Monk, an independent traveller. Since 2002, World Nomads protects independent travellers all over the world and is underwritten by Nationwide. Simon’s travel experiences inspired the World Nomads core concept of being able to buy a travel insurance with the freedom to extend it as you need it. From this principle, World Nomads has added more tools and services, to help people live their adventures and travel safely.
World Nomads cover people from over 130 countries in the world. They offer 24-hour emergency assistance, medical evacuation & repatriation, and coverage for more than 200 adventure activities. The ideal cover for independent travelers and intrepid families.
You will find a lot of travel insurance companies out there, each with their pros and cons. World Nomads travel insurance has been designed by travellers for travellers, to cover your trip essentials.
World Nomads Insurance Plans
World Nomads policies provide different levels of coverage for all key areas while you are travelling. You can choose between the Standard Plan and the Explorer Plan which offers higher coverage limits.
This budget-friendly plan offers different coverages such as trip cancellation, medical care, evacuation and repatriation, baggage and personal effects coverage.
Explore plan includes all the coverages found in the Standard plan, but it offers higher coverage limits. For example, baggage and personal belongings cover increases from $1000 to $3000, Trip cancellation from $2500 to $10 000 or Emergency Evacuation Coverage increases from $300 0000 to $500 000. You also get coverage for more extreme activities such as scuba diving or cliff jumping.
All World Nomads plans include emergency medical cover for travellers who get sick with Coronavirus while travelling overseas. Your benefits may include:
- 24/7 access to their Emergency Assistance team, who can help you access local medical care;
- Medical costs including hospitalisation;
- Evacuation or repatriation if deemed medically necessary by them and in consultation with your attending physician.
How to subscribe?
It is pretty simple to take out travel insurance with World Nomads! You can do it before leaving home or even during your trip! Subscription is available online and will only take you a few minutes to complete. You will need to provide information on you and your planned trip… that’s all!
To get a quote, just enter your details below:
The amount you will pay will vary depending on your destination, your age, where you reside.
What is included in World Nomads Policies?
Here are the key coverages offered in World Nomad plans:
- Emergency medical treatment overseas, including treatment in a clinic or hospital, medicines, and physiotherapy.
- In case of sudden illness or injury, World Nomads covers your transport to the nearest, appropriate medical facility, which also includes medical repatriation for further treatment at home. It also includes, additional travel and accommodation expenses for a friend or relative to accompany you while you’re in hospital and/or during repatriation.
- Emergency Dental Treatment (unexpected infection, broken tooth, etc)
- Lost or Stolen Goods whilst travelling,
- Costs of cancelling all or part of your trip in certain circumstances, including sudden illness or serious injury, natural disaster, lost of job, or lost passport (events that are out of your control).
- 24-hour worldwide assistance for help, advice, and medical emergencies.
- A lot of activities that you will do during your trip! You can check online the 200 Adventure activities covered by Word Nomads. You have access to the A-Z List of Adventure Activities online on their website.
Coverage and benefits vary depending on your country of residence. For full details of what you are covered for, please get a quote from the insurer: www.worldnomads.com
World Nomads: Pros and Cons
Here is a list of all the benefits of World Nomads :
- The insurance covers your Baggage and Personal Belongings
- You can buy and extend online, even after you have left home
- You can claim online whilst travelling and the process is easy,
- It covers most adventure activities (check the list online) many insurers will not!
- Provides a worldwide Emergency Assistance
- Affordable prices.
Here is a list of some of the cons of World Nomads:
- Does not cover people over 69 (if you are 70 or older you will need to get coverage from a partner company)
- No waiver of pre-existing medical conditions
- Limited gear and electronics coverage
Why getting travel insurance?
On an international travel adventure, you want to be sure you are covered in case something goes wrong. Like any trip, you may be faced with unexpected risks which could potentially cost you a lot if you do not have travel insurance. Even if you are very cautious, unfortunately these things can and do happen to any traveller! Costs for medical treatment or medical evacuation in case of injury or sudden illness can go up and up very quickly. That is why it is important to be covered while travelling.
With travel insurance, you know that neither you nor your family will be broke if something happens. Moreover, know that to visit some countries (i.e. New Zealand, Australia…) you will need to have a travel insurance to be able to get some visas, such as a Working Holiday Visa. Be sure to check this point before planning your travel overseas!
You need to logging into your account on the World Nomads website. Then you can file a claim online 24/7. You will need to answer a few questions about your claim and provide your supporting documentation. Once the claim is submitted, you will receive an email confirming your claim and providing you with a reference.
The cost of your cover with World Nomads travel insurance will vary depending on several factors such as your destination, your age, the country where you reside. As an international company, World Nomads use different underwriters in each country. The best is to get a quote to see how much it will cost you depending on your profile.
World Nomads covers more than 200 adventurous activities, including:
– Cage fighting
– Cliff diving
– Free diving
– Scuba diving (up to 165 feet)
– Shark cage diving
– Swimming with whales
– Kite boarding
– Paddle boarding
– Rock climbing
– Skiing or snowboarding
Here are some examples of exclusions under their policies:
– Pre-existing conditions
– Routine check-ups
– Alcohol- or drug-related incidents
– Participation in extreme activities (for example: paragliding or bungee jumping, unless you paid extra).